Oral hygiene instructions
Your smile tells the world something about who you are. It is a simple gesture that has a great impact on the way people perceive you as a person. It may seem unfair at times but in real life, the way you look affects the way people perceive you.
Maintaining your set of beautiful and white teeth is not that easy as it seems. However, with proper oral hygiene measures, keeping your teeth and gums clean and healthy is just like a walk in the park.
At SunnyView Dental, we understand your needs and we know any treatment will become a failure if our patients are not well educated in maintaining their oral health. With this in mind, we make sure to help out our patients in maintaining good dental health by giving them some simple oral hygiene regimen to follow:
- Brushing on a regular basis is the most basic way of caring for your teeth. Brushing twice daily is good enough to remove food debris and plaque that builds up along the hard to reach surfaces of your teeth. Another good thing about brushing is that the toothpaste you are using probably has fluoride which helps strengthen your teeth. Furthermore, brushing provides you fresh breath and a clean feeling in your mouth.
- Flossing in between teeth after every meal is one of the best way to prevent dental caries. Food trapped in between teeth is the main cause of dental caries and gingivitis in between teeth. By removing this food debris, you are saving not only your teeth but your gums as well.
- Taking good care of your teeth should not be limited to external cleansing but also by nourishing them with nutrients. Teeth will be stronger when you take foods rich in calcium and gums will be healthier with sufficient supply of vitamin C.
- Proper choice of food and prevention of bad oral habits also count in protecting your teeth. Avoid overly hard foods that may fracture your teeth and those foods which are highly acidic. Bad habits such as pencil and nail biting also damages your teeth. Although brushing is good to your teeth, forceful and incorrect way of brushing also harms your teeth and therefore must be corrected immediately.
- Replacing your toothbrush when signs of wear is already present is a great idea. Using a worn out tooth brush makes your brushing less effective since it does not effectively reach the areas that have to be cleaned. Adding to this, using a worn out toothbrush will make you think you are not brushing so well and this gives you the feeling that you have to do it forcefully. However, doing this does more harm than good to your teeth.
- Visit your Dentist regularly. Having a regular comprehensive dental exam enables you to know if there are any problems with your overall oral health. In addition to this, Dentist and Dental hygienist educate patients on proper dental care. Dentists ,aside from rendering dental treatments, may also give you good suggestions on how to make your teeth more beautiful and appealing.
SunnyView Dental is open seven days and our team of dental experts would be glad to listen your thoughts and concerns about your dental needs.
As part of our comprehensive oral hygiene instruction program, we also teach young children proper brushing technique to ensure that they get the most out of their dental routine.